What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cape sundew seeds for SASE

I have 7 packets of drosera capensis typical seeds to give away.
15 flowers worth of seed spread into 8 parts, you'll get 1 part.
If anyone is interested add your name to the list. Ill then pm you the address you have to send your SASE to.

1. Veronis

Thanks!

1. Veronis
2. Captdonaldduc Thanks

Thanks![/QUOTE]

1. Veronis
2. Captdonaldduc Thanks
3. Ktulu Thank you!

1. Veronis
2. Captdonaldduc Thanks
3. Ktulu Thank you!
4. AshG2385 - thanks!

1. Veronis
2. Captdonaldduc Thanks
3. Ktulu Thank you!
4. AshG2385 - thanks!
5.sarracenia_X thanks ya very much:grin:

Thanks so much for this awesome giveaway!

1. Veronis
2. Captdonaldduc Thanks
3. Ktulu Thank you!
4. AshG2385 - thanks!
5.sarracenia_X thanks ya very much
6. BioZest

1. Veronis
2. Captdonaldduc Thanks
3. Ktulu Thank you!
4. AshG2385 - thanks!
6. BioZest
7. Evil Gnome / Thanx 4 The Offer

1. Veronis
2. Captdonaldduc Thanks
3. Ktulu Thank you!
4. AshG2385 - thanks!
6. BioZest
7. Evil Gnome / Thanx 4 The Offer

Apparently I'm just a hair too late (wound up in a horrible snow storm and it took hours to get home). I don't have a single CP and was just hoping to start so if you wind up with any extra, or if anyone drops out, i'd love to grab some.

Apparently I'm just a hair too late (wound up in a horrible snow storm and it took hours to get home). I don't have a single CP and was just hoping to start so if you wind up with any extra, or if anyone drops out, i'd love to grab some.

I'm good
You can have my spot

1. Veronis
2. Captdonaldduc Thanks
3. Ktulu Thank you!
4. AshG2385 - thanks!
6. BioZest
7. xantius

1. Veronis
2. Captdonaldduc Thanks
3. Ktulu Thank you!
4. AshG2385 - thanks!
6. BioZest
7. xantius
8. incspir thanks a lot!​

Is the drawing over now because I haven't received a pm.

SASE sent 1/18/2013. My thanks to Homedawg76

K, looks like all of the spots have been filled. I have another flower stalk on the way and ill be sure to do this again then :).

mine have arrived! (actually, they got here about, mabey a week ago, and i planted them as soon as i got them. i hope they do well! how long do these usually take to germinate?

Times may vary. In my test germinations they took about 2 weeks, but its quite cold where I live so that probably slowed it down a bit. Give them high humidity and some warmth (70-80 degrees seems best) and they should do well.
Fastest ever for me was during the summer and i successfully germinated some cape sundew seeds in only 2 days. Though ive had them take a lot longer before too.

what if they dont germinate? i mean, i dont think you have bad quality seed or anything, but i have never gotten CP seeds to germinate. however, this is probably because the last times i tried it, the seeds were from one of those crappy store bought kits, so the seeds probably werent viable anyways. but on the off chance that the seeds you sent me are duds, can i have a few more? you mentioned another flower stalk. also, i know someone who is interested in aquiring some CP seeds, so i am gonna let him know that someone online has another bunch of seed on the way. thanks for being so generous with the SASE offers!

oh, and im curious as to how many cape sundews you have. do you have a bunch of them, or is it just one big one that has been growing multiple flower stalks?

I have 5 capes right now. 3 full size and 2 immature ones. Mine are constantly flowering so i have to keep cutting them off. If they dont germinate for you or they just die shortly after for any reason id be more than happy to send you some more seed when im able. The flower stalk is starting to form now and looks promising, so im expecting a good yield. What i find helps speed germination is high humidity. Try boosting that a little with saran wrap over the pots. Also make sure they dont overheat. I find flourescent lights are easiest to keep temperatures down and light up when caring for seedlings. After germination you'll probably want to harden them off by slowly reducing humidity over a few weeks. They do well with higher humidity, but can easily adapt to a lot of conditions. Theyre slow growers at first, and are very very tiny (easy to miss if you dont know what youre looking for. Feeding them will increase their growth rate a lot. I use fish food which seems to work well, just be careful not to overfeed them. Soil is also important for growing them. They need acidic soil with very low nutrient content. I actually had a pretty hard time finding soil that i could grow cps in properly :( just use some peat moss or long fibered sphagnum mixed with some silica sand. Make extra sure that they dont have added fertlisers though. Keep wet with a tray and you should be set.

Back