What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new N. Bical

• Thread starter kwende
  • Start date
are you going to give it relatively high humidity?

looks real nice so far :)

Yes. It's sitting outside it's tank just for the photos, but it's living in a 10 gallon at the moment. The humidity is a standing 70%. I just put a heating mat underneath it to boost the ambient temperature (because the house is good for highlanders, while not great for lowlanders).

it should be very happy in there :) best of luck!

Thanks! I'll post more pictures/updates as I continue to learn more.

It's sharing the tank with an ampullaria at the moment (another newly acquired plant). First stab at the lowlanders, so I appreciate the luck!

i grow alot of amps and a couple bicals with relative ease. just high humidity and warm temps keep em thriving

Do you mind me asking what temperature? I've heard high seventies to low eighties.

I keep mine from 75 up to 100F (night temps are normally 65F), and it is growing explosively.

day temps for mine vary from 75 to 100 (lower in winter and much warmer in summer)

and nights are around 70-75

Back