What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First CP Flower!!

Hey guys, I just started with carnivorous plants and I got this guy from Ebay.

I hope this picture shows up!

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the hobby!! :D

Ok, so here is my question. There are lots of little plantlets growing on the lower leaves. How do I go about separating them from the mother plant? Do you have to remove the entire leaf that the plantlet is on to remove it or can the plantlet be scraped off? Should I just let the plantlets remain on the leaves until the leaves start dying and then plant them in a new pot leaf and all? Should I use LFS like the mother plant is growing in or would a mix of silica sand and peat be better?

Even nicer today!
null_zpsab9fa6fb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

...Should I just let the plantlets remain on the leaves until the leaves start dying and then plant them in a new pot leaf and all? Should I use LFS like the mother plant is growing in or would a mix of silica sand and peat be better?

You can just chop off the plantlets right after they become large enough; try using both long-fiber Sphagnum and peat/silica sand and see which mix works better, since if you grow your plant well, it'll make so many little plantlets it'll start to get annoying.

And that is a lovely flower there!

Back