What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paper Ideas

BioZest

zesty.
Hey guys,

I have to write a ten page research paper for school:-D! Naturally I want to write it on CPs. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might write about. I was thinking maybe the phenotypical gene expression in nepenthes or maybe something on micropropagation (tissue culture). Let me know what you think!

-BIO!

I'm currently doing a smaller paper for bio on the difference in cell morphology between different parts of nepenthes pitchers in close relation to one another. Such as the difference between pitcher wall cells, the peristome and the plants natural dividing line between the two. Granted I go to a liberal arts school so half of the paper is more of a creative collage after looking under the microscope for these different cells. But it's an idea you could expand on! :p

As interesting as TC of Nepenthes is.....

Don't do it!

I only say that because I've been there and done that. There is very little research or papers written on this. You will find it very difficult to write a paper that long on the subject.

Is this a college or high school paper? If it's college I'd recommend logging into your college library website and do a scholarly search on Nepenthes and see what subject has the most information. You can go through Google Scholar as well but you'll find that you can only read the abstracts if you're not logged in as a student. Seems like all the good papers are blocked.

Good luck! :)

Just read your post again, thought you meant TC on just Nepenthes. If you do it on other CPs I think you'll find a lot more research for your paper ;)

As interesting as TC of Nepenthes is.....

Don't do it!

I only say that because I've been there and done that. There is very little research or papers written on this. You will find it very difficult to write a paper that long on the subject.

Is this a college or high school paper? If it's college I'd recommend logging into your college library website and do a scholarly search on Nepenthes and see what subject has the most information. You can go through Google Scholar as well but you'll find that you can only read the abstracts if you're not logged in as a student. Seems like all the good papers are blocked.

Good luck! :)

It's a high school paper, so I'm not going to be able to get access to the papers you are referring to, but if I do the project on TC in general, I think I will find loads of resources as you said in you second post.

Back