What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When to divide Sarrs

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
One thing I've noticed about the trades involving Sarracenias is that those that I have received have not been single plants. They've all been clumps of fused plants. Similarly, when I've attempted to ship Dana's Delight, rubra, and Leah Wilkerson, from the surface, it appears that I have separate and distinct plant. In reality, I have a group of plants that are still attached to one another. When and how do you separate them?

Thanks for that link! I would have otherwise separated them in November, down to one growth point.

If you seperate them down the the single growth points the pitchers can get alittle funky. I done this with oreos in the past and the spring pitchers were alittle distorted and floppy. They resumed their normal growth after the second season. Something to consider.

Back