What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any houseplants blooming?

Hello TF, spring is coming along with the awakening of new growth on most plants, spring showers, May flowers, sunshine, and more!
Let's celebrate, so what's blooming for you at the moment? Cp or non cp:)
My room is mainly an amaryllis funhouse heh.

Last, but not least, A. 'Mont Blanc'.

I'll keep this thread updated, and may your growing goals be achieved:D:hi5:

I have never had any luck reblooming a hippie. (And yes, I've tried everything.) On the rare occasion I lose my head and get one, I treat it as a disposable plant.

All I could take away from this thread was the League of Legends gift card. . .

:oops::spider:

I have never had any luck reblooming a hippie. (And yes, I've tried everything.) On the rare occasion I lose my head and get one, I treat it as a disposable plant.

Did you ever try growing it like a clivia? In the wild they grow evergreen yearlong and don't know what a cold, dry dormancy is.
They tend to bloom when they have enough energy to do so...

I have 2 amaryllis one I've pollinated and the flowers have wilted and one is just starting to bloom

Last edited:
Paperwhite Bulbs by RadagastCP, on Flickr

about a month ago I went to a local nursery and they were giving away 3 free "Paperwhite" bulbs as a thank-you to everybody who walked in that day. I shoved them into a bowl filled with glass beads, filled it with water until it was just touching the bottom of the bulbs (I also used a bit of maxsea here and there), and this is what I got!

EDIT: P.S. Do not grow these unless you don't mind your house smelling like a funeral parlor for several days. Some folks claim it doesn't smell like that but...That is what my nose tells me!

Last edited:
Beautiful plants guys I'm new to the flowering bulbs it's fun I also have a new teacup orchid that I for got to mention before

Paperwhite Bulbs by RadagastCP, on Flickr

about a month ago I went to a local nursery and they were giving away 3 free "Paperwhite" bulbs as a thank-you to everybody who walked in that day. I shoved them into a bowl filled with glass beads, filled it with water until it was just touching the bottom of the bulbs (I also used a bit of maxsea here and there), and this is what I got!

EDIT: P.S. Do not grow these unless you don't mind your house smelling like a funeral parlor for several days. Some folks claim it doesn't smell like that but...That is what my nose tells me!
Same, I actually enjoy the strong scent though. I hope they can rebloom, as I heard they are grow n' toss-aways in colder climates.
All 5 of my Phalaenopsis Grocery Store NOIDS are spiking, and one has already started blooming. One of them just bloomed about 3 months ago, too.

My Utrics, My unknown Dew, and one of my Echeverias...

Echeveria by Jerabudragoness, on Flickr

Utricularia by Jerabudragoness, on Flickr

Phalaenopsis hybrid by Jerabudragoness, on Flickr

Some Drosera or another by Jerabudragoness, on Flickr

Phalaenopsis hybrids by Jerabudragoness, on Flickr
The orchids are awesome, Jen. They look so happy!

Is your alarm clock blooming in the first picture?! :-)) And to actually contribute to the topic at hand: my Christmas Cactus, despite having a rough year, is currently blooming.

xvart.

to be honest, I am surprised I have not yet killed them.
Looks better than mines, which just sit there. . .I'd be happy to see at least a new root form.

Is your alarm clock blooming in the first picture?! :-)) And to actually contribute to the topic at hand: my Christmas Cactus, despite having a rough year, is currently blooming.

xvart.

Nope, sadly:( Christmas cacti are cool, do you have a show full of little "firecrackers"?

I'm really not shore the florist at work gave them to me I have to on is red and one is red striped I've pollinated it if u want some seeds I'll send u some when there ready

Christmas cacti are cool, do you have a show full of little "firecrackers"?
Not yet, it's blooming late, but perhaps in the next week they will be popping!

xvart.

So awesome:D My favorite is the angraecum. Does it fill your room with perfume at night?

I'm really not shore the florist at work gave them to me I have to on is red and one is red striped I've pollinated it if u want some seeds I'll send u some when there ready
Perhaps, we can do a SASE amaryllis trade or something? I'm planning on crossing my 'Mont Blanc' with my red NOID dwarf:)
Not yet, it's blooming late, but perhaps in the next week they will be popping!

xvart.

Please, keep us updated!

-Some Updates-
Hippeastrum 'Mont Blanc'

NOID red Dwarf- possibly 'Red Velvet'

note- mature smaller sized bulb(produced two mature stalks)

'Amigo'

'Minerva' and another NOID

My amaryllis is still a no go, but the Christmas cactus looks good.

Back