What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
I'm offering a single specimen of this eastern US native orchid. Plant is currently in a 4" round plastic nursery pot, but for shipping purposes it will be removed. I will send it bare root or with the loose media at the winner's discretion. Although it's flowers aren't very showy, the dark green leaves have pronounced white veining that gives them the appearance of a tropical jewel orchid. Plant does require a winter rest, but it's naturally found from well into the Great White North down to FL, so I suspect it will be flexible in that regard. FYI plants were obtained from a seller in zone 6B. Mine in 7A are in pots against a NE facing foundation wall and mulched in. Since the foliage is evergreen I leave it exposed. Only requirements are that you be able to provide proper winter care and be a US resident. Winner will be chosen Christmas Day, plant will ship early in the new year.

Attachments

• IMG_20151218_074218.jpg
    IMG_20151218_074218.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
1. Chibae, I can provide it the same winter care you are now, coastal zone 7 here

1. Chibae, I can provide it the same winter care you are now, coastal zone 7 here
2. PlantsnFish- I have a basement window where I keep my sensitive sarrs. Thanks!

2. PlantsnFish- I have a basement window where I keep my sensitive sarrs. Thanks!
3. hcarlton-winter care around here shouldn't be an issue..

3. hcarlton-winter care around here shouldn't be an issue..
4. afrodisa - zone 8a

Winner is #1, chibae. Pm me with your address Judy.

Thank you soooo much, PM sent

Back