What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's the New Year!

Alright everyone, 2016 has begun, and to start it off I'm giving away something that I have in very, very short supply: a single packet of Drosera felix seeds. To participate you must meet the following criteria: be active elsewhere in the forums and not just posts in the trades/classifieds, have the ability to grow Drosera from seed (especially South American Drosera), and if you offer to give something away to the community in return you will be given an extra entry. Copy/paste the numbered list and add your name (not doing so will disqualify your entry), and a winner will be drawn on January 6th. Postage is on me, US only (apologies to our members outside this country)

Good luck!
~hcarlton

1. Zath - I'll bite. Can't offer anything for giveaways immediately other than non-cp seed. (Edit) I will soon offer unrooted N. 'Red Leopard' vine cuttings to whomever thinks they've got the chutzpah to root them. Now, I've propagated sub-tropical and Australian 'dews, but not South American. I'd be glad for the chance, however, and would do my research to ensure that they received the best conditions I could give them. :)

Last edited:
1. Zath - I'll bite. Can't offer anything for giveaways immediately other than non-cp seed. (Edit) I will soon offer unrooted N. 'Red Leopard' vine cuttings to whomever thinks they've got the chutzpah to root them. Now, I've propagated sub-tropical and Australian 'dews, but not South American. I'd be glad for the chance, however, and would do my research to ensure that they received the best conditions I could give them. :)

2. SerMuncherIV - Great giveaway! I've got extra D. finlaysoniana seeds that I'll be offering in short order. My experience with South American Drosera only ranges to D. solaris and D. intermedia "Mt. Roraima" (the former being the only tepui Drosera I own), but I do have good experience in growing subtropical/tropical Drosera from seed in general (95% of my entire Drosera collection was received as seed). I would be very glad for the opportunity to try growing this species.

Last edited:
One day left people...

1. Zath - I'll bite. Can't offer anything for giveaways immediately other than non-cp seed. (Edit) I will soon offer unrooted N. 'Red Leopard' vine cuttings to whomever thinks they've got the chutzpah to root them. Now, I've propagated sub-tropical and Australian 'dews, but not South American. I'd be glad for the chance, however, and would do my research to ensure that they received the best conditions I could give them.

2. SerMuncherIV - Great giveaway! I've got extra D. finlaysoniana seeds that I'll be offering in short order. My experience with South American Drosera only ranges to D. solaris and D. intermedia "Mt. Roraima" (the former being the only tepui Drosera I own), but I do have good experience in growing subtropical/tropical Drosera from seed in general (95% of my entire Drosera collection was received as seed). I would be very glad for the opportunity to try growing this species.

3. Tacks – Great opportunity! I've grown D. tomentosa from seed, and have started D. graomogolensis from roots. I also grow a couple other SA species. I'll happily do a gemmae giveaway, and possibly a giveaway of a couple plants if it comes to it! Been meaning to do that anyway.

Alright, here was the random list:
1.6.Tacks
2.5.SerMuncherIV
3.4.Zath
4.2.SerMuncherIV
5.1.Zath
6.3.Tacks

So congratulations Tacks! PM me your address and I'll send your seeds out! Thanks all who participated!

Back