What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too Much light

masonix

Mr Masonix
I just made a new solution to my 9 watts led tube. It's hardly any heat at all and if I hold it it's feels as warm as my hand.

Did I overdo it? Perhaps I should raise it a little bit, or can these plants handle the amount light? Does not look bright it was when I look at it with my eyes but I also know that color and light wavelength by led light sources for plants do shine some light that eye cannot see right?

f9523c2fb577efecf6a5c5ec36e60b40.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Last edited:
The plants will tell you if it's too much or too little depending on their coloration.

As far as I know, it is almost impossible to burn a venus fly trap. I can't tell if there are any other species in there.

Thanks for answers!
I'll just let it shine very near the plants and wait then to see if the leaves fade or something.

The bags is seeds planted, i'll move them up as soon as they sprout. One Drosera Capensis, one Drosera Spatulata and a Desmodium Gyrans.. the one far to the left is seeds i bought from china that sprouted quickly and after a few discussions here in the forum in another thread, it seems that it is "Hylocereus" i planted. In other words i got scammed for a few bucks and i thought i'd just let it grow to see if it is that fruit and how it looks.. the work is done and it looks like a cool fruit so i'd thought i'd just let it be.

Back