What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics of My Seedlings

Here are some quick shots of my hep seedlings. I forgot to turn the leds off so they're a bit pink.

WOW. Quite an impressive collection you got there. May I ask what light you use?

I like the look with the lights on. It reminds me of coral under actinic lighting.

thank you guys, I guess it does kind of look like that. It would be cool if nepenthes fluoresced like coral!

As for the LED lights and lights in general I have one 650 watt "veg" array and a 700 watt "flower" array they're just the generic LEDs you see at hydroponic shops. I also have that supplemented with four 48" T5 @ 6500K.

here are a few more.

But Nepenthes do fluoresce, at least their nectar does (I am unsure if all species do, though I have confirmed that at least one of my plants does.) If you have a blacklight handy it should make for quite a show with a large collection like yours.

I'm so jelous of your hamatas! how can I be friends with you?

Hmm I have a black light somewhere maybe I'll try that some time. Thanks for the tip.

Here are a few more, I just got a new point and shoot so I'm fiddling around with it. maybe these came out little better? only thing is this time the fogger was on, gah can't get it just right yet. I guess I have to do it wrong before I do it right.

Here is a tiny N. kinabaluensis (N. villosa x N. rajah) despite its size I really like the shape its grown into very shapely for such a small specimen.

two seed grown hamata and a small AW macro, among others.

N. ramspina

N. jamban and N. lowii

an old BE N. hamata shadowing three sg eddies

N. flava finally starting to look flava like

N. vietchii already striping itself out

and a complete chamber shot.

Last edited:
thanks Donut!

Here is a cool little rajah, I got it at the same time as the other 4 and its from the same seed pod but its growth is really out pacing the others.

Here re some close ups of the N. undulatifolia I can't wait till its leaves start to undulate.

Here is a tiny N. aristolochioides Not much to look at but it I just rediscovered it in my collection. About six months ago my misting system malfunctioned while I was gone for a few days and things got a little dry, I lost a couple of seedings but nothing too important. I assumed one of them was this N. aristolochioides. Well this past week I have been slowly going through my seedlings and freeing them of overgrown sphagnum as I do every so often as they get crowded. Well I found this small 5cm pot with only a large clump of sphagnum, which I thought was odd as I don't keep pots of just sphagnum moss. So I start digging through it and surprise there was my little N. aristolochioides !!

You have a nepenthes paradise on your hands there and it's proven by the fact that your seedling survived perfectly without you even knowing of its existence.

Last edited:
Thanks Curtis, I don't know if its a paradise but thats my goal.

Here are some more pics I just took.

Pictures aren't showing up for me.....

Pictures show up for me now that I'm at home. That's an amazing collection and setup I hope to have one day. Is your misting system a mistking? If so what settings/ how often does it mist?

The pics seem to be working for me too, is anyone else having issues?

Swag, Yes I'm using the mistaking misting system. Its a nice robust setup I'm quite happy with it. It mists TID for 90 seconds each.

Pictures are working for me. Quite an accomplishment growing all those Nepenthes from seed!

Back