What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

!sos!

W

Warped54321

Ok...i have these little things crawling around in my venus flytrap's pot.  I don't know if they're fungus gnats or what...but everytime I get a carnivorous plant, those things show up, and about the time they do, the plant dies!  I'm sure you all know what it is.

What do I do!?

My plant's planted in one part canadian sphangum Peat and one par Perlite, if that helps.

-warped

you either have mites, fungus nats, or just regular silverfish (is that what they're called? the little white and black dots that hop real high?) I would take the pot, and submers the whole pot, plant and all, into the bucket. leave it there for no more than 3 days, and then take it out. that sould get rid of the little buggers! some may float to the surface, make sure you squish em! Oh, and make sure you use distilled water in the bucket too
wink.gif

good luck,
-Spec

You mean put the thing under water!...I don't think I have that much distilled water.

You can buy low-salt water at your near-by supermarket water vending machine for 25 - 35 cents (in most places) per gallon.

Back