What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lowes' vfts

i went to lowes this morning, and the vft's there, were HUGE!!! the traps were about an inch big, and it had quite alot of traps too. they looked pretty healthy. are they the giant kinds, or do common ones grow that big too?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (venus fly trapper @ Aug. 10 2002,9:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i went to lowes this morning, and the vft's there, were HUGE!!! the traps were about an inch big, and it had quite alot of traps too.  they looked pretty healthy.  are they the giant kinds, or do common ones grow that big too?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Sounds like you got a decent lowes in your Area. There is 2 Lowes in the local area and both of them had pitiful looking Venus Fly Traps. The one didn't even have any alive! I got 2 from lowes and 1 died and the other is still after a month pitiful looking.

I bought 2 VFTs from Lowes 2/24/01. They haven't been that bad. I have gotten 3 new plants from those original 2, with one ready to be divided again.

I will say, if you don't get them the week they come in, they will be near death the following week. For some reason, they don't water them. Same with Walmart, they just tossed 20 dead ones. I was going to save a few, but they were gone before I could get back.

so i wet out to lowe's tonight and bought one of teir vft's. looked good. tall, nice big traps (amost an inch), lots of traps (about 8). it was in a nice, 4" square pastic thingy, with a cover. got hom about 9 tonight, brought it inside, took off the cover and gave it a little water and superthrive, then went out to te local cruise in...
get home now, a little over 4 hours later, and it's all wilted. what gives? shock?

technoracer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (technoracer @ Aug. 11 2002,07:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so i wet out to lowe's tonight and bought one of teir vft's.  looked good.  tall, nice big traps (amost an inch), lots of traps (about 8).  it was in a nice, 4" square pastic thingy, with a cover.  got hom about 9 tonight, brought it inside, took off the cover and gave it a little water and superthrive, then went out to te local cruise in...
get home now, a little over 4 hours later, and it's all wilted.  what gives?  shock?  

technoracer[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Probably over did it with the superthrive
sad.gif
. 1 drop per gallon of distilled wawater, no more, Or it might kill it hope you plant will be ok.
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

did you leave the cover off? the change to low humidity will cause wilting if you dont do it gradually.

Sounds like it was the humdity drop. Sarracenia will often fall over and become limp and feel like wet paper too. Just give it a few days to rejuvenate.

yea, the superthrive is mxed 1 drop to 1 gallon of r/o and distilled water. it was the cover. i left it off.
cool!

peace,
technoracer

Back