What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few questions

• Thread starter restinburk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    tap
R

restinburk

I just fot my first plant. It has about ten mouths and I have been keeping them filled with flies. Can they have too many insects? How big can it get? Is tap water ok?
Thank you!

Ok,It`s traps can get to be up to 2 inches,DO NOT use tap water,you realy can`t over feed a vft as long as the insect is less then 1\2 the size of the trap,and last but not least have fun!
biggrin.gif

go to my care sheet , tap water is not good unless you have contacted your water department and asked how soft the water is , you should not keep feeding the plant or playing with its traps continuesly , it may be overfed and this may weaken it rather then give it more energy , they usually get about 6 inches in diamter , they don't get big like the size of cars .  
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (goldtrap2690 @ Oct. 04 2003,8:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.....taps is a big no no unless you have contacted you water departmen and asked about what they put in there......[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
You're trying to find out how 'Hard" your water is.  In other words what is the amount of Total Disolved Solids (TDS) in your tap water.  The lower the number, the 'Softer' the water.  I can't remember what the recommended level is for water to be save to use on CPs, but I'm sure somebody can tell you (and remind me!
biggrin.gif
).

alien.gif

Back