What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vft help plz

1 small plant 1 mid sized seedling and 2 bulbs
what do i do with lighting conditions
confused.gif

thanks
smile.gif

Moving this to the VFT forum

All I know about vfts is you can't give em' enough light. So just throw em' out into the brightest sun you got. But don't literally throw them I don't think they'd like that. Are you talking about artifificial light. Try the full spectrum flourescent bulbs. You can get them in 60 or a 100 watt regular size for about 11 or 12 bucks.

OK, depending on where you live, throwing them in the brightest light you have (Noon day sun) will turn your flytraps into crispy little black things worth nothing to anyone but the squirrells.

Venus Flytraps ARE light loving, and flourescent bulbs ARE good for supplimenting their growth.

If you are in the northern hemisphere, place your flytraps (Planted of course in Peat moss and perlite) in a saucer of water in a souther facing window, if you are in the souther hemisphere, use a northern facing window. and that is all you need.

I grow mine in a shaded area on my westward facing deck, they only get full exposure to the afternoon sun.

Unless you have perfect conditions, I would advise against full sun. Filtered sunlight is ideal.

Finally, when indoors, a mix of cool white and soft white flourescents will fill the bill. Get the small 24 inch double tube ficture from Home Depot, it is about 12 dollars, and then a cool white and soft white bulb to go in it.

Have an adult set it up if your not old enough, or don't know how as there is some wiring involved. (You will need to buy a power cable for it, with raw leads)

Keep your plants moist.

Back