What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pesticides/insecticides?

I recently moved my plants inside, and ever since then there has been a bunch of tiny little bugs on a few of my VFT's. They are flightless critters, and they seem to only like my VFT's that are growing in pure sphagnum moss.

Their is a whole bunch of them, when I go close to the plant you can see them all moving around in the sphagnum, I wanted to know what these are? And how can I get rid of them? If I should use an insecticide or pesticide, which kind should I use? And how should I apply it? Too the soil, or the soil and the foilage? Thanks
smile.gif

Have you tried submerging the plant in water for a day or two to drowned the bugs? I'd try that first befor I used a bugspray.

Hmmm do you not know that there are healthier alternatives to those synthetic toxins you north americans are so accustomed to using! You can obtain the ilimination of those little black bugs by simply growing different plants together-no harmful substances which ruin our environment them-simply grow your venus flytrap with sundews, particually the capensis which will soon entrap them and restore your plant to it's former glory.....and as a mental note remember not to plant your vft in pure spagham moss or even put sphagum moss around it, because in my experiance you don't need it and it always gives my vfts mould and little unwanted pests so if you want hardy plants get rid off the moss and just use an open airy peat/bark mixture...but this is just a thought do what ever you want to.

Back