What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I use this fungicide?

I was at the Home Despot last night, looking for fungicide, and as everyone might expect there was only one option.

It's listed as a fungicide/ insecticide, which relies on copper for the active ingredient. First of all, I don't know what insecticide is going to do to the plant. I assume that others use insecticide to get rid of fungus gnats... or do you just get rid of the fungus?

But I'm more worried about whether or not a 7% copper product is going to harm the plants. I know copper in large doses isn't good for people, but it says it's safe for fruit crops.

Is it ok to use? If not, what should I look for?

by the way, thank you everyone for past help which I was not able to respond to.

-BEATNIK

beatnik,
I use Orthene by Ortho, you can find it at home depot.  Works great for me
smile.gif

PFT offers Banrot and Cleary which are both commercial grade fungicied.

What kinds of pests are do you have on your plants?

Mancozeb is a good insecticide

But if it is fungus or fungus prevention...The banrot or Cleary will do the trick nicely.

smile.gif

To get rid of fungus gnats, get a butterwort, sundew or bladderwart.

That way, no chemicals and you can feed a plant at the same time.

It will clear them up quickly.

Or if you have the &#36&#36&#36 nematodes
smile.gif
( beneficial bugs )

I don't have a problem with insects yet, and I do have a sundew on the way. Once my nepenthes opens a pitcher, I'll have that too.

I just wanted to ask because I had to get something right away for an aloe plant which is ant infested, and was wondering just how intolerant of chemicals VFTs are.

Thanks for the advise, I'll look for Ortho and call it a six dollar learning experience.

-BEATNIK

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from larry on 12:53 pm on May 9, 2002
beatnik,
I use Orthene by Ortho, you can find it at home depot.  Works great for me
smile.gif

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I use the same thing.

Back