What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia seed extravaganza

I have harvested about 95% of my seed so far, so I figure it's time to start giving it away, since I certainly won't have room to plant them all myself. I was trying to come up with a different way of giving them out, rather than first-come first-serve replies to this board. So here's what I'm going to do:

If you are interested in some Sarracenia hybrid seeds, then just send me an SASE by October 10. Any letters received after that date will be thrown. On October 11, I will count how many SASE's I get and divide that into the total number of seed packets I have available, to calculate how many packets everyone gets. Then, I will randomly select SASE's and put a random selection of seeds into it, then send it off.

It looks like I'll have about 17 different hybrids available, with around an average of 6 pkts. per hybrid. So I guess that makes about 100 packets of seeds altogether. For the most part, packets will have around 25 seeds in them, but the standard deviation is pretty large. Each packet will just have a number written on it, which will correspond to a particular cross. I will post that list probably this upcoming monday.

Here is my address:

A. Carlson
3963 Marina Lake Rd. #313
Virginia Beach, VA 23452

Get them here by the 10th or you're out of luck. Also -
U.S.A. addresses only. Sorry. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you, thank you! I can't wait to see what comes! I'm sure it will be a grand surprise!

Thank you for being so generous.

SF
biggrin.gif

PM sent, as well as sase

Sounds Cool.. I love mystery seeds!!

I finished harvesting last night.   Here's the list.  The number on the packet you'll get corresponds to these numbers (mommy listed first) (number in brackets is number of packets available):

1.  moorei "green and white"    F2   [6]
2. (moorei "green and white") x (readii x flava)    [4]
3. 'Extreme Unction' x 'Ladies In Waiting'     [1]
4. flava cuprea - open pollinated     [1]
5. leucophylla x (alata x oreophila) - open pollinated   [7]
6. 'Extreme Unction' x (leucophylla x gilpini)   [2]
7. (oreophila x psittacina) x (moorei "green and white")   [3]
8. (catesbaei x rehderi) x 'Citronelli'      [7]
9. (leucophylla x gilpini) x alata nigra    [1]
10. (oreophila x 'willisii&#39
wink.gif
x (flava x psittacina)    [10]
11. (leuco x rubra "antho-free") x (psittacina x rubra "antho-      free")    [7]
12. catesbaei - open pollinated    [1]
13. rubra gulfensis x moorei     F2    [11]
14. psittacina x rubra  "antho-free"   F2     [4]
15. (oreophila x leucophylla) x minor     [13]
16. 'Citronelli' x (flava x psittacina)    [6]
17. 'Judith Hindle' x (leucophylla x gilpini)  [2]
18. (leucophylla x moorei) x (rubra x moorei)   [11]
19. 'Hummer's Hammerhead'  - open pollinated    [2]
20. psittacina x swaniana    F2       [6]

Hope that isn't too confusing to look at.  For those that may not know, the F2 means the flower was self-pollinated, which usually results in a huge variety amongst the offspring.

SASE in the mail. Thanks for the great offer.
smile.gif

I am absolutely SALIVATING over here.....man, now I gotta go wipe down my keyboard...
tounge.gif

SASE it out!

Great I`ll put a sase in the mail!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sarracenia @ Sep. 26 2003,6:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I finished harvesting last night.   Here's the list.  The number on the packet you'll get corresponds to these numbers (mommy listed first) (number in brackets is number of packets available):

1.  moorei "green and white"    F2   [6]
2. (moorei "green and white") x (readii x flava)    [4]
3. 'Extreme Unction' x 'Ladies In Waiting'     [1]
4. flava cuprea - open pollinated     [1]
5. leucophylla x (alata x oreophila) - open pollinated   [7]
6. 'Extreme Unction' x (leucophylla x gilpini)   [2]
7. (oreophila x psittacina) x (moorei "green and white")   [3]
8. (catesbaei x ahlesii) x 'Citronelli'      [7]
9. (leucophylla x gilpini) x alata nigra    [1]
10. (oreophila x 'willisii&#39
wink.gif
x (flava x psittacina)    [10]
11. (leuco x rubra "antho-free") x (psittacina x rubra "antho-      free")    [7]
12. catesbaei - open pollinated    [1]
13. rubra gulfensis x moorei     F2    [11]
14. psittacina x rubra  "antho-free"   F2     [4]
15. (oreophila x leucophylla) x minor     [13]
16. 'Citronelli' x (flava x psittacina)    [6]
17. 'Judith Hindle' x (leucophylla x gilpini)  [2]
18. (leucophylla x moorei) x (rubra x moorei)   [11]
19. 'Hummer's Hammerhead'  - open pollinated    [2]
20. psittacina x swaniana    F2       [6]

Hope that isn't too confusing to look at.  For those that may not know, the F2 means the flower was self-pollinated, which usually results in a huge variety amongst the offspring.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I'm interested in 4, 11, 19, and 6. How many of those can I get for some sarracenia rubra ssp gulfensis seeds?
biggrin.gif
And how many seeds would you want for all of them? I'm guessing you already have gulfensis though
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 26 2003,3:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm interested in 4, 11, 19, and 6. How many of those can I get for some sarracenia rubra ssp gulfensis seeds?
biggrin.gif
And how many seeds would you want for all of them? I'm guessing you already have gulfensis though
tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Hey Spec, read the top of the post.
tounge.gif
It doesn't work like that this time. Send your sase and the order which it arrives gets you that seed.
wink.gif
I think.
rolleyes.gif

Hey Dude, im so sorry. I sent out a letter yesterday and completely forgot to send an SASE with it.. so just so you know, i got another one coming in right behind it. Thanks, Freddy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sarracenia @ Sep. 25 2003,3:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Then, I will randomly select SASE's and put a random selection of seeds into it, then send it off.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Seems pretty clear to me  
wink.gif

Ok, I sent a sase tody. Thanks a bunch!
smile.gif

sase in mail, thanks alot.
peace out

Mine is in the mail too.

Thank you for your generosity.

WildBill

I also put a SASE in the Mail

Thanks So Much!!!!

Can't Wait to See what I get