What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis "alba" leaf sprouting

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Ok for those of you who don't know, I just recieved a Capensis "Alba" a few weeks ago, which my cat promptly dug up and mauled. Well after quite a few very bad words I can not repeat here, I repotted my poor baby Capensis and prayed for recovery. Well not only is my Alba recovered well, (5 fully formed and dew covered leaves with 2 more well on the way) it has SPROUTS on one of the mauled leaves that is drooping on the soil
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
WAHOOOOO!!! If only my digi-cam could focus on them.. they are soooooooo cool.
I will keep you posted on their progress
smile.gif

Steve
smile.gif

Yeah, it's hard to keep this species down. I think it is the toughest of all the Drosera species. When the going gets tough the tough get growing! (and I remember when I thought it had to have a terrarium&#33
wink.gif

Funnily enough the Singaporean community of growers have been having some problems with the capensis alba. Our plants have stopped dewing, producing new leaves that are stunted, etc.

Yes indeed. My capensis' flower stalk has suddenly stopped flowering. The remaining flower buds have simply become black and the rest of the seed pods (or semi-seed pods, whatever they're called) are also turning black. I recall that when my d.intermedia's seed pods ripened, the pods turned black along with the stalk. Here, the stalk's green but the pods are all black. Any idea why?

Could it be a new fungal or bacterial infection. It could spread through air currents. Kind of a blight?

ebey,are you growing yours in a terarium?

I grow mine outdoors in full sun and on a tray of rainwater.

ok,so you can check that off.

Back