What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of sundew do i have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i can't take a picture because i need to get my computer fixed - but i bought a cube type this from Lowes which had a sundew-flytrap-some kind of real tall pitchers with lids on the top of the traps. anyhow- i need to find out what type of sundew i have- where is a place i can find pictures of alot of different types? my is kinda weedy looking with leaves being about a 1" -1"1/2 long - but like i said kind legie and weedy looking- lol lol . thanks

Sounds a little like a Sarracenia (sp?) to me actually. I'm having trouble visualizing from the details you gave though. I've found that if you go to Google and just type in "Drosera" or "Sarracenia" you can get pictures of a lot of the different variants. That's how I decided what kind of Sundew to get originally. Post a pic when you can and we'll try to help. Best of luck!
smile.gif

The sundews I've purchased at Lowes where D. adelae. If you decide to seperate the plants, take some root cuttings from the D. adelae. My one plant has become four pots full of this plant.

For pictures, try this site http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/

Moving to Identify that plant forum. You may have better luck there
smile.gif

Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back