What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They Came!

My capillaris and capensis got here from Chris today! They are so tiny, and cute! I removed browning parts, rinsed them in rain water and planted them in 50/50 peat/perlite in 3 inch pots. Does this sound good?
Also, my capensis got quit a bit of dirt on it during the planting process, and it's sticking! Any tips on how I can get it cleaned up now that it's planted?

Thanks, I'm so excited, I hope they do ok!  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Hey CN,
I can help with the Capensis....The dirt on the leaves won't hurt it (in my experience...some may disagree). They grow new leaves so fast that You'll have a clean plant in no time.
biggrin.gif

I concur with "schloaty". As I read your initial post I was planning to answer almost the same.

They do usually grow that fast. You can, however, rinse the dirt off if you carefully spray using a firm but gentle stream of water, but not enough to disturb the planting media.

I use a spray bottle to produce a jet. Ever wash leaves off a sidewalk with a hose? Do like that, aim along the surface, not from above but laterally. The peat will not harm the plants though, it's just aesthetics.

I find cleaning the leaves to be more trouble and harm then good.

Cleaning the leaves only helps with our own obsessive compulsive mental state
wink.gif

Back