What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P.villosa

G

I'm so excited! My P. villosa seed is sprouting all over the place- almost a 90% germination rate! I collected the seed myself from some wild plants on our property and stratified them for a few months. Now there are tons of baby seedlings everywhere.
smile.gif
I just had to tell someone.. and no one around here cares..
tounge.gif

Great job! P.villosais difficult to grow for most people, but I bet the Alaskan climate really helps:)

In the trade section, we should start trading Ping leaves. That way we could all increase our collections quickly.

Leaf cuttings work with well with mexican pings, but many temperate/warm-temperate pings can not be propagated this way.

Thanks, you've saved me some needless experimentation. I guess it's too much to hope that a list of those which can be propagated by leaf cuttings exists?

Almost all the mexican pings can be propagated by cutting(except maybe P.sharpii). Some of the warm-temperate pings from the U.S. like primuliflora produces plantlets. Although primuliflora propagates readily through plantlets, most of the other U.S. warm-temperate sp. do not. P.lutea, planifolia, pumila, ionantha can be propagated by seeds. Temperate/warm-temperate sp. of pings in Europe like P.lusitanica, cystallina, hirtifolia can be propagated by seeds. Most temperate pings produce gemmae in the winter(like pygmy droserae).

Back