What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rafflesiana

here is one of my rafflesiana (I have bigger ones too)
raff.jpg

raff2.jpg

arie

thats really cool how long have you had it and how big was it when you got it

Jeremiah

It was 4" from tip to tip with 1" pitchers
you can see now it's look better

Very nice Arie! Love the coloration too!
wink.gif

Wow, the coloration is amazing! What type/variety of rafflesiana is that? It looks great!
smile.gif

Pat

look to me as typical
have no more info about it
idea's are welcome
arie
confused.gif

this may help you, it helped me
http://www.cpjungle.com/nucraf.htm

i got 2 raffs from pft.com

1 of em, the pitchers are a whiteish colour and the other when it forms new pitchers it has red specks all over, so i think i got the "white" and "typical"

I just thought I'd share a pic of a raff gigantea pitcher.
biggrin.gif

lo_N_rafflesiana_gig_p1.jpg

It's the first one that this plant has made for me. Don't be fooled though, the pitcher is only about an inch tall! lol, not very "gigantea" is it?  
wink.gif

Joel

really 1 inch? the pitcher covers from top to botom of my screen! and its viewed at 1024x768

wow!

hehe

How long have you had that plant, and under what conditions, mindmaze128?

I got the N raff var gigantea from ebay about a month ago. I soaked the root ball in superthrive when I got it, but apperently it doesn't care much for the stuff, and it's taking its sweet time to grow.
wink.gif
I keep it with my other lowlanders outside under shadecloth. My other raff grows much faster, but I'm hoping that this one will pick up the pace in the next few months.

Joel

is it in a wll drained potting mix ?

I have the raff in a sphagnum, peat, charcoal, gravel mix that is fairly well drained. It's doing well thus far, and it's already making its next pitcher!
smile.gif
I'll be sure to post a pic of that one too when it pops open.

Joel

I think rafflesiana suffer more from being transplanted than some nepenthes.

Very nice! I hope to get a gigantea sometime....but anyways, Rafflesiana will suffer shock just like all Nepenthes, if your palnt si larger ften larger palnts will take a harder hit than small palnts and it can be the other way around alot of times too. It should really pick up pace soon. It will be very nice once you get a 10 inch pitcher!
smile.gif

I didn't think the typical forms got that large.

Typical Rafflesiana can be quite large when grown properly and they are old plants too! The Singapore Giant form of Rafflesiana can have pitchers rivaling N.Rajah's pitchers sometimes!
wow.gif

The Sarawak giant( which I have
smile.gif
) can have up to 15 in. pitchers from what I've read. Is that size about the same?

Sarawak giant can be jsut as big so yes, about the same size, but it will take a while to get that big!

Back