What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. tobaica in bud

One of my tobaica is sending up a couple inflorescences. It's green with a purple flush. I expect it will be a couple weeks yet before they start to open. Not sure if it is male or female.
Tony

You mean your big Tobiaca that was vining all over the place?
Your lucky your Tobaica are even growing! Mine still haven't yet done anything. They were bare root so perhaps roots need to grow and establish. They appear to be in suspended animation.
confused.gif

Tony, you are allowed to post a picture
wink.gif

At least I would be interested in...

Joachim

HEHE

Been busy here and I do have pics in the camera. I will take some of the tobaica when they get a bit further along.

Yes NepG that one with the long vines. I have noticed that my tobaica needed a fair bit of time to settle in from shipping. But once they do they grow like wildfire, as you have seen.

Tony

lol @ Tony. Mine is slower then Lowii!
tounge.gif
Anyhow I have gotten mine back from Mike's bare root with no soil on the roots whatsoever, just basically pure roots, so you know how it came. So I have had it basically from July 31st till now. Still needs some recovering time I suspect right?

Dustin, up to two months for establishing is OK, when conditions did change dramatically. My N. diatas showed no visible growth for about four months (when I do remember correct) but then eventually started to grow. N. tobaica is not a picky one at all, so it will propably start soon when conditions are right - what I do expect from your setup.

Joachim

Joachim, the conditions are fine for it, like you said
smile.gif
. I have it with H.Heterodoxa,N.Clipeata,N.Raff Singapore Giant, N.Longifolia and everything in thier is growing so I expect it to do the same soon. I hope it doesn't take 4 months for it to start up!
wow.gif
smile.gif

Alright, I know this is old, but I thought I should help. Anyway, N. tobaica is uposed to be a highlander. It wouldn't do well with a lowland, N. rafflesiana
confused.gif

Back