What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. izumiae

Hi,

N. spec. B in Clarke's "Nepenthes of Sumatra and Peninsular Malaysia" has been officially described as N. izumiae. The description from Charles Clarke, Troy Davis (fatboy) and Rusjdi Tamin was published in Blumea 48, No.1, 2003, p. 179-182.

For those of you trying to get a copy of this article should also look for Blumea 47, No. 3, 2002 p.537-540. A. Schuiteman and E. F. de Vogel describe N. vogelii in this issue.

Joachim

I'm sure we'd all like to know where can we acquire this magazine/journal? Is it published in English? Is it a Curtis style botanical magazine? Does it cover solely exotics, or anything from Nepenthes to legumes?

Thanks!
smile.gif

It should make it to CPN, I would think.

Regards,

Joe

Hi,

I've never seen a scientific publication been reprinted in CPN up to now. So I wouldn't expect this. Blumea is written in english language and should be available in every University library where biology can be studied. The style of the descriptions is similar to the description of N. jacquelinaea, which most of you will have by hand.

Joachim

P.S.: Josh, I hope you like the taxonomic revision in Flora Malesiana by Jebb and Cheek!?

Thanks Joachim, perhaps the University of Minnesota Arboretum herbarium & library nearby me could be receiving Blumea then? I should go and check I haven't been there in quite some time.

Yes, I have been enjoying the Flora Malesiana book, the drawings are great. It's too bad there are only 19 of them, it would be nice to see representations of each species. Especially the newest things like N. jacquelineae, N. platychilla, N. izumiae, etc.

What is the basis for the name "izumiae"? Does the article discuss naming it?

Izumi is Troys wifes name ;>

Grats to her being immortalized as a Nepenthes species hehe

Tony

Back