What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hang 'em high

I'm thinking of trying some of my smaller neps in net pots with hooks hanging from the chickenwire on the back and sides of my terrarium. I haven't seen too many people do this (Arie has a neat tank with tons and tons of hanging pots) I'm wondering if there's anything special I need to know or worry about before I try this myself?
Does it take the plants long to adjust from hanging at a bit of an angle? Do they like it better this way? I know many hang from cliffs or grow as epiphytes so it should be somewhat natural... Asside from size is there any reason plants shouldn't be hung?

The two plants I have in mind presently are N. lowii and N. inermis. I've already moved them to the new 4" net pots (should last them a long time seeing as they are awful slow growers anyway).

Any tips from nep hangers would be appreciated!
smile.gif

I've never used chicken wire but I've hung my smaller neps using big suction cups with hooks on the end and they seem to enjoy it =)

Hi Josh,

how should the plants reckognize they are in a hanging pot - as long as you don't tell em...
wink.gif

The slightly different growing-angle should not make any difference.

Joachim

I use a plastic net attach to the tererrum walls so I can easily hang the pots to it.
Arie

Thanks folks!
smile.gif

Back