What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pot size for cephalotus

i am going to get a cephalotus soon and I was wondering that when it is full grown how big of a pot will I need to put it in and what tpye of pot .

oops , I put this topic in the wrong forum , can someone please move it to the pitcher plant forum . thanks .

I would recommend a deep(7in) white plastic or ceramic pot. I am currently growing my cephs in deep clay pots outdoors. The plant was 2-3in across around 6 months ago and now it is easily twice that diameter. I have also used 4in pots for cephs growing in a terrarium with artificial flourescent lights. The roots grew out from the drainage holes. Smaller sized pots are fine for cephs as long as they are not on trays.

my flowering size ceph is in a 6inch wide and 6inch deep white plastic pot. The white color keeps the soil and roots cool. I grow it in a terria with some other australian drosera. Looks really neat.

Back