What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia

G

How fast should theese things grow? And how often should I flush the pots with cold water when day temps peak at around 80F? Tahnks. I hope I wont kill this one.

well they grow about as fast as a sar nothing spectacularily fast but they do grow well if in the right conditions. hahaha not much of an answer there, huh? sorry
As far as watering that all depends on what you have it potted in the larger the pot the cooler the soil.. you know that doesnt sound like it makes sense (probably cause its late) but its true. It also depends on the sunlight it gets and where you live. If you live somewhere warm I would suggest that you keep it in the shade so that the pitchers don't burn and it stays cool. What I used to do when I started mine is just feel the soil by poking a finger in the side of the pot.

Mine did fine by the way in 80F weather if that is any comfort to you. So If 80 is as hot as it gets you should have no problem

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (unknownclown @ Jan. 30 2003,11:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well they grow about as fast as a sar nothing spectacularily fast but they do grow well if in the right conditions. hahaha not much of an answer there, huh? sorry
As far as watering that all depends on what you have it potted in the larger the pot the cooler the soil.. you know that doesnt sound like it makes sense (probably cause its late) but its true. It also depends on the sunlight it gets and where you live. If you live somewhere warm I would suggest that you keep it in the shade so that the pitchers don't burn and it stays cool. What I used to do when I started mine is just feel the soil by poking a finger in the side of the pot.

Mine did fine by the way in 80F weather if that is any comfort to you. So If 80 is as hot as  it gets you should have no problem[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I have an idea for cooling darlings under any conditions that should be very neat, fairly cheap and almost maintenance-free.

I'll put it up on the 'net when it is done in a few weeks. I intend to rescue a few from Lowe's this year, and get a bigger one from a dealer.

Steve

Back