What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AGGGG.... CATAPILLARS NEED TO DIE

ya... sigh i dont knwo what to do, ive tried isolating the plants... used pesticides... which was my last resort.. sigh sothign is just cutting my plants up, they just cut new developing pitchers off, or cut pitchers hoods off... and they dont even have the reespect to Eat the parts the cut off! AGGGG :'( :'( :'( it is quite depressing seeing your prized sarra's turn into cut up odd looking things....

HELP please?
Cya laters
Jim
confused.gif

make sur ehtey are caterpillas not some otehr types of gnats
but if they are
confused.gif

well this might seem cruel,
kill all the butterflies you see !
mad.gif

wow.gif
well i tried to help you
tounge.gif

ya i know.. but that is to Cruel for me, simply killing an ant is to much for me.. btuon the other hand Sacraficing an ant for a Cp Meal is another thing cause plants dotn get the respect that they shoudl from the mobile living organisms that they shoud and it is a way of saying PAY BACK SUCCKA's! you knwo what i mean!
smile.gif
hermm there has to be a more passive way to go about protectign my plants... hermmmmm

think think think
Jim
confused.gif

have you tried bug netting?

I am under assault outside (on my veggie plants) from aphids...

I am spraying a homeade cocktail at them... wintergreen amonia, coffee, distilled water, a few drops of dish soap to make it stick, I also mixed in some clearys' as aphids drop a sugary dew which causes mold/fungi to grow un the leaves under them... figured I should do it all in one shot...

seems to be working.

You sure it's bugs? If they are just getting ripped apart, but not eaten, it could be birds trying to get the bugs that are in the pitchers....

I do a snail dance after rain storms... Pop, squish, squelch. You'll notice the numbers lessening after the first two...

Pick them off is all i can say. Feed them to a nep...

I found this great incecticide. You get five cloves of garlic, three habeneros, and a tablespoon of antibacterial dishsoap. Mix it all togehter in a gallon of water and leave in the sun for a couple of days. It kills everything, but I would try not to breath while your spraying it because it burns. Hey, Rampuppy the soap is actually what kills the bugs and the other stuff burns or smells or whatever so that they never want to come back. Anyways hope that works for you as well as it has worked for me.

shauntell, that mixture is widely accepted as a deer repellent...

and the soap may form a viscous layer over an insects breathing aparatus... but I can assure you, in most cases it is not what kills the insects..

I have tried spraying 'just soap' before... the little buggers just sit there and laugh at me...

i am going to feed my flytrap one of those snail things that are all squishy after rains.

wes,

that might be a death warrant to the feeding trap, if it's too squishy, and to large, then the trap will die after feeding.

Back