What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My reddest sarr.

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
This is by far my reddest sarr. Inside, under grow lights... Why can't my other sarrs do this?!
mad.gif
lol. enjoy the pic of my S. purperea ssp purperea
S_purpssppurp.sized.jpg

just for fun... here is what it looked like quite a while back... :)

S.purpurea%20ssp.%20purpurea.jpg

Later, Andrew

lol there seems to be a huge change =D. Pretty shades of color and really really good growth =D.

Wow adnedarn that's a really beautiful purpurea! Mine is a purpurea ssp venosa and its still green
sad.gif
But its getting a little coloration. It just needs some time I guess
wink.gif

How many grow lights do you have? I have a Purpurea ssp. Venosa that is having trouble getting coloration too.

SF

very nice, but that's ssp venosa, not purpurea.

thanks gardenofedan. it was a long time back (when it was worse off than the second pic) that someone labeled it for me on this site...

all my plants sit under rows of 4 4ft long lights.
Andrew

wow thats a beutiful purp! (i think if i have $3 next time i go to rolla i`ll by one from lowes&#33
wink.gif

Mine looks a lot like the smaller one. I hope it gets as purple as yours.
smile.gif

wow , i should start getting grow lights , that coloration is magnificent .

My best color also comes from for foot long banks. I bought cheap shop lights from wal-mart and 2 spectrum growlights with 2 cool whites. Two banks with two bulbs each only ran me about $25. They easily out do my expensive sets.

Nice plant!

I have discovered that if my sarracenia, including my purpureas, are not in full sun for the majority of the day, they will not reach their full colloration. What type of growlights are you using? How close are your plants to the lights? Is it possible for you to grow your sarracenia outdoors in full sun? Those factors will influence what type of true coloration takes place with your plants.

Those are pretty red; mine are just about as red. They are in full sun about 5/6 of the day and are a little more clumped with a flower right up the middle. I love S. purpureas. I'll try and get a picture, but I doubt I can.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
tounge.gif

Wes

Wow adnedarn, that's a nice purpurea
smile.gif
. It's almost as red as the one I grew under the same setup, and from the same place
biggrin.gif
, before the big catastrophe of course
sad.gif
. It was really big too. Heck, on of my fav sarracenia
tounge.gif

Back