What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key board shortcuts

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
These work with Windows98 and IE 6.x

Hold the shift key and left click on a link to open the link in a new window.

Right click on a web page and select 'Create shortcut' to create a shortcut on your desktop back to that page.

Hold the Alt key down when you type a four digit code on the number pad on the right side of the keyboard to print special characters.  For example:
Alt+0176 = ° (degree symbol)
Alt+0162 = ¢ (cent symbol)
Alt+0163 = £ (English pound symbol)

Remeber, this won't work using the numbers at the top of the keyboard.  Use only the num. pad on the right and either 'Alt' key.

For more character codes check the Character Map in the System Tools folder.    Start>Programs>Accessories>Sytem Tools>Character Map.  Click on any letter or symbol to see the coresponding code for it in the Keystroke box in the lower right corner of the character map window

ooh thank you for that shift click thing that will come in handy!...all this time i was using control-n for a new window and blahblah
those character things come in handy when writing in spanish like for accents and en-yays...it even has the upside down symbols!! ¿0191 ¡161 and the rest i dont remember....
Oh if you wanna switch between windows keep alt down and click tab to scroll through the programs/windows...clicking tab once will go to the last program u just used before your current, and another time the second to last, and so on.
Oh and to switch between windows iN a program....its control tab
hahah i learn all these things having a laptop at school

Only problem with the shift+click is I get carried away opening so many windows my memory gets overloaded and the computer slows to a crawl or locks up
sad.gif

Back