What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy dormancy day!

RamPuppy

Putem to bed for the winter boys and girls, the time has come for your beautiful plants to sleep the winter away!

(Unless they are brand new of course, then just enjoy them&#33
wink.gif

yes ram all my vfts go to sleep saturday
all but the 3 new ones from PFT

RamPuppy, I put mine outside about two weeks ago and have been acclimating them to the cooler temps. After two freezes, they continue to grow. I suppose they will take the hint and go to sleep soon.
tounge.gif

I tucked mine in early.....like the 1st week of October.  After that first dusting of snow they called it a summer and went to sleep
wink.gif

smile.gif

Mine are sleeping. They had a good haul this year! I am very pleased with them food they caught and excited about trap production this coming spring!
smile.gif

Now we can stay up long hours at night dreaming of plants to come, and what the new crop of plants and new traps will be like! The anticipation...

Cole

I haven't put them to bed yet
wow.gif
. Will it hurt them to keep them awake for like 10 days until my fungicide arrives?

All I have to say is I hope mine wake up...as mine tend to sleep way, way, way, to long
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

travis

hey no buddy work me up this morning. guess i have to set my alarm clock still

Wow, my old timer VFT went to bed first week of november, and thats late for it! (falls alseep mid october regardless of growing conditions every year except this year)

Back