What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet explorer script error

• Thread starter cpwitch
  • Start date
I have to ask as it's making me crazy. Since yesterday a window -- "Internet explorer script error" -- pops up on EVERY page I go to within pft. I can go to other websites with no problem. It's very annoying to have to keep hitting the "yes" button in order to have the page continue to load. Expecially since I've been bopping around a lot. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks.

cpwitch

are you still having this problem?

-PHil

No, thank goodness! Everything is working perfectly today. Did you fix it? If so, thank you!!!!! It was slowing me down considerably and was frustrating as heck.

cpwitch

Opps Phil, spoke too soon. I've been fine for the last HOUR AND A HALF?! (where does the time go
wow.gif
) while in the forums, but just went to the new home page (looks nice by the way) and the error popped up there, and when I went to check out the accessories page and the vft page. The forum's still ok though.

cpwitch

I believe there is an option to turn off "show scripting errors" somewhere in your preferences for IE.

IEScriptingErrorCBox.jpg

The above image is from IE 5.2 for Mac OS X.

Cpwitch,

Yeah, I worked on it pretty long to get the script errors out. It was all my fault
sad.gif
--- didn't notice them before I rapidly posted the new layout.

ANYWAY, I can't find an error on the front page... can you do me a favor and tell me exactly what you get with the error? LIke what line number it says there's an error?

Or whatever you see... so I can fix it.

THanks a bunch!

-Phil

Sure Phil -- it's still happening today, but not in the forums.

Internet Explorer Script Error

Line -- 14
Char -- 1
Error: Object expected
Code -- 0
URL -- http://www.petflytrap.com/cataloghtml/storefront.html

I'll also try and turn the darn thing off in IE -- am not too swift when it comes to anything but turning the darn computer on, but am willing to learn  
smile.gif

cpwitch

Ok.. I looked around but coulnd't find anything....

I made a few changes... but who knows!
smile.gif

Thanks,
Phil

Back