What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i make a avatar for my name?

• Thread starter jeffsz28
  • Start date
have no clue how to make a picture show up under my name.

thanks Jeff

Hey Jeff,
First thing you need to do is read the rules regarding custom avatars (the post is pinned at the top of this forum).
If your avatar meets the requirements outlined in the rules then its simply a matter of uploading your pic to the web and copying the URL into the avatar line on your profile.
PFT offers a small ammount of free webspace that you can use to host your pics on. Go to: http://home.petflytrap.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to where it says "clik to create account" and follow the instructions from there. Once you have your pic uploaded, clik on it to open it (it will open in a new browser window) then copy the URL from the address bar at the top, and paste it into the avatar line on your profile.

Good luck
Steve

hey steve - well my picture is of my floppy disk- so i have no idea what the heck i'm doing- ha - i'm at the spot where it says user page and has manager at the top of the page and it shows the word image and index - i have no clue what i'm doing - i know very little about computers..

thanks Jeff

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jeffsz28 @ Oct. 28 2003,3:18)]well my picture is of my floppy disk
You mean the picture is on your floppy disk?

yes its on my floppy disk and is setup for email style sending i guess you could call it??

OK heres what you do. Put the floppy into the floppy drive, when the list of contents from the disk opens, clik and drag the icon of the pic you want onto a blank area of the desktop (the main screen when you dont have anything open at all) this will save the pic to your hard drive. (it will not remove it from the disk so dont worry.)
Once you have the picture saved on your hard drive, right clik on the icon and select "properties" at the very bottom of the menu that you will see. Make sure that the file size is under 15K (15,000 bytes in case it tells you in bytes). If the Image is larger than the maximum size, please e-mail it to me via the e-mail link at the bottom of this post and I will resize it for you, and give you more instruction on how to resize pics yourself.
If the pic does meet the file size limit, then you simply upload it to your PFT webspace and follow the instructions I gave earlier.

Hope this helps, good luck
Steve

Back