What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics

Half the lowland terrarium (name those neps):
20031108-CP-Lowland%20terrarium%20(left).jpg

My new baby:
20031108-CP-N.ampullaria%20red%20CR-9-My%20new%20baby.jpg

W00t!
thumbsup.gif
cool.gif

Highlanders (Name those Neps - and no fair looking at the tag
wink.gif
!):
20031108-CP-N.burbidgeae-first%20pitcher.jpg

20031108-CP-N.aristolochioides.jpg

20031028-CP-N.hamata-young.jpg

An intermediate:
20031108-CP-N.adnata.jpg

And last, some really cool sphagnum:
20031108-CP-Live%20LFS-multicolored.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous. Will leave the naming to the experts!

Nice plants, the ones with tags appear to be from Tony. I wonder how I knew!?
tounge.gif
Anyways, The top highlander is N. diatas, and the bottom is N. hamata. Have fun, these are some great plants!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

I just love the N. ampullaria. Can you tell me what form it is? I only have the speckled form.

Actually, the top is N. burbidgeae

The ampullaria is one of Rob Cantley's CR clones, 9 to be exact.

Tony has some great (and exotic
wink.gif
) plants.

Nick, i belive that is N. ampullaria var. tricolor

Nathan you have N. adnata as a highlander?
rock.gif

Nope, the amp is a CR (similar to Cantley's Red) clone (#9).  It seemed to have larger pitchers than the other CR clone.  I wanted a tricolor, but couldn't swallow the price.  I'm actually quite pleased with how this red amp looks, considering i bought it sight unseen.

Sorry, you're right, N. adnata is an intermediate.  I just got it, so i'm going to try it in different conditions, but it will probably end up on my desk or next to my small aquarium with a bag or container over it for humidity for the time being, since it will tolerate low light... and i'm running out of space under lights.

Okay, Jeopardy time is up.  The answers are:
(Clockwise from far left) N. xCantleyi, N. merilliana, N. gracilis cuttings, N. mindanoensis (sp?), N. campanulata, N. rafflesiana, N. rafflesiana 'giant' BE-99, N. ampullaria red CR-9 pitcher, N. xCantleyi, D. adelae x2, N. xCantleyi cutting, N. bicalcarata 'red flush', and D. prolifera hiding under the shelf

where did you get the red colored sphagnum? i want some
tounge.gif
. Zongyi

Hi Nathan,

Great plants! I want highlanders
sad.gif

Bobby

Thanks Bobby. I'll just snip off the top of the little aristolochioides and send it to you as a cutting.
wink.gif

NOT!
laugh.gif

The red sphagnum was sent to me. I'm trying to propagate it to have it available.

Oh ok, wasn't sure on that particular clone.

Glad you're moving the adnata, i didn't want see a post weeks later saying it was dead!

Hmm, actually, i knew it was intermediate, i just lumped it under highlands in the post because i was lazy. Just don't want ya'll to think i don't research the plants i'm growing!

Jebb and Cheek have N. adnata listed as 700-1000m. Personally mine have always done better in what I consider lowland. They seem to suffer in my care when night temps dip below 70. Currently I am keeping them in my bottom heated grow chamber with a minimum temperature around 76 and they seem quite happy.
Tony

Back