What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. primuliflora

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I bought a "Butterwort" in Sepember and eventually determined that it was a primuliflora. The plant was doing well, becoming bright greeen and producing several plantlets. In October it began developing a flower bud. Even though the flower and the plantlets looked healthy, the older leaves began to deteriorate. It didn't look as green - but it was still quite "dewy." A few weeks later another flower emerged - then another - now a fourth is emerging. The flower stem snagged a flying critter. Is it unusual for this plant to flower this often? Is it unusual for it to look not quite as healthy. Can this plant ingest the flying critter from its flower stem or does it need to be from the leaves?

My P. primuliflora catch more bugs on the flower stems than the do on the leaves! They just seem stickier. And yes, it's normal for them to flower like crazy! The plant, from what I understand, doesn't live very long, however, so those plantlets are important!

Capslock

I dunno about that Capslock, I have a plant that's 3 years old and it is happy and vigorous.

Hey jim your using my avvy too! I call this "the invasion of the avvy snatchers"!
Lol.
I have a few leafs of p.primuliflora I got from coleio how lond till they root?

"awy"?
rock.gif

I think "awy" is just his shortened version of "avatar".  
rock.gif
Whatever.

SF

OK, I'd have use "avi", but like you said...whatever.
biggrin.gif

Back