What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much dew ?

I was checking on alot of my sundews , outside , in terrariums and in my greenhouse , and when thing i notcied was there was a ton of dew on the leaves , especially the sundews with long leaves like d. capensis , i guess the climate has made them want to produce accesive amounts . another thing i noticed was that the leaves were bending over due to the accesive weight of the dew . does this happen to your plants sometimes , i know this is not a problem but i just thought it was cool .

You're lucky. My sundews don't have all that much dew!
wink.gif

What conditions are you keeping your dews in? I just picked up a couple of the half living sun dews from lowes. They all had dew on their leaves until I transplanted them from their cube box to a pot. DO you think it might just need to take a bit of time to adjust to the different humidity?

Absolutely.  A change in enviroment almost always entails a loss of dew for a few days to a week.

SF

Back