What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've joined the club.

This is the first time something like this has happened to me, so I thought it was quite interesting, bordering on hilarious!  Don't know exactly why it struck me as funny, but it does!  Maybe something about the letter being signed by a Plant Manager?
laugh.gif
I posted some pictures on my website if you want to look.

SF
laugh.gif

USPS

Ouch! My condolences. I hope you can recover the loss one way or another.

Thats why I send my plants in a box.While not being prone to damage,it can take more abuse than a letter can.Some times cheaper is not better.I would rather spend $3.85 to ship a box of plants/plant than to stick them in a letter.I'm sorry that it happened to you Corey,I hope it was a freebie.

Jerry

This has happened to me before , i got a package in the mail , the box was all sopping wet and it was in a bag but the water still leaked out also i did'nt get a note . I wonder what the mail goes through to get to us , its not like the mailman has to drive his truck through tornandoes , volcanoes , floods , and killing machines .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (goldtrap2690 @ Feb. 01 2004, 18:24)]This has happened to me before, i got a package in the mail, the box was all sopping wet and it was in a bag but the water still leaked out also i did'nt get a note. I wonder what the mail goes through to get to us, its not like the mailman has to drive his truck through tornandoes, volcanoes, floods, and killing machines.
Speaking of killing machines, you can blame some of it on technology, ie. sorting machines, canceling machines, etc. If you want to make sure it isn't squashed flat, pack it in a box or well padded envelope. If you use a padded envelope, take it in and have it hand canceled. This will eliminate them going through the canceling machine. Also, make sure to print "fragile" and "hand cancel" on the envelope in bold letters that will be easy to see at a glance. This won't prevent them from getting mashed 100% but it cuts down on the excuses they can give when they do get mashed.

BCK

I would never recommend shipping live plants(besides gemmae) in a small envelope that is not padded. If you are shipping a small plant such as a flytrap and do not want to spend a lot of money, use first class. If the box is small and light, it might only cost $0.60 to a dollar.

Sounds like the inspiration behind Ace Ventura.

It was a freebie, for a SASE. I've had plants make it through before, but not in this condition!!!
tounge.gif

SF

Although things like that occasionally happen, I really feel for the postal companies with what they've had to go through the last few years... I always forgive them because I realize that those sort of things happen... As for the Plant Manager
wink.gif
tounge.gif
LOL!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif

Back