What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:) im so happy! :)

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
Well finally there is a light at the end of this darned tunnel!
I guess I should start at the top.
2 weeks ago I went to pick up my daughter from daycare and she was running a fever. after I got her in the car she threw up the whole way home so I stripped her down to put her in the tub and noticed tiny red spots all over her chest. I thought "oh great chicken pox!" she got sick in the tub so I took her out got her dressed called up daycare to ask if shes been exposed to chicken pox there and let them know shes been gettin sick the whole time since I picked her up. I drilled them on what she ate everything, nothing outta the ordinary there. About 30 minutes later I decide to take her to the local hospital nearby they basically told me that she had the flu did a throat culture to check for strep, which came out negative, and told me taht redheads have a tendancy to get rashes when running a fever.
rock.gif
ok I can see maybe a heat rash but this was nothing like that.
So I get her some gatorade to keep fluids in her and some childrens tylenol and ibuprophen. durring a 6 day period the rash gets worse and I thought for sure it was the chicken pox she had all the symptoms fever, aches and pains, and spots. But the spots werent itchy. by last wednesday my daughter couldnt walk or sit up from a laying down position my ex made a doc appointment with our regular doc. I met them there on my lunch break. the doc looked at her ordered some blood tests and that was pretty much it aside from telling me it wasnt the chickenpox. I went back to work stressed as all heck and callled the doc back and asked when the results would get back.... up to a week.
sad.gif
that wasnt good enough so I took her to Childerns hospital here in seattle.
Man I love this place they have done everything
smile.gif
I just found out yesterday that she has an infection in her heart. they have been giving her intibiotics for 4 days now and she can finally walk again and even her limp is gone
smile.gif

Today they put in a pik line which is a IV that goes into her arm thru her vein and straight to her heart. As bad as that sounds its the only way I can take her home since Im gettin trained to administer her antibiotics tomorrow so hopefully we can go home thursday.
the people here are wonderful but man this has been tramatic for Lenore. anytime my daugher sees anyone on a hospital gown she hides and yells "NO PoKES!" she looks like a junkie with horrible tracks and briuses up and down her arms and wrists. GOD I cant wait to get her outta here! Ill more than likely have to give her the anti biotics for 4 weeks
sad.gif

Have I mentioned I cant wait to get outta here?
wink.gif

My poor baby has been in isolation this whole time too since she came in contact with my mom while she had shingles and can be carrying the chicken pox.

YAY! I'm so glad to hear you have a diagnosis and treatment. And she can come home! Poor little thing has been through a lot (and so have you).

I hope she continues to improve and get past this. I know you'll both feel better once she's home where she belongs.

Give Lenore a hug for me!

Wow, that's terrible!
sad.gif
I'm glad that you got it all sorted out though. Like PAK said, give her a hug from all of us... -To prevent any odd Michael Jackson-ish comments, you can give her a handshake from me :p- I love little children
laugh.gif

Ee Gad! That's a trial! I'm glad things seem to be working out. Your Daughter sounds like quite the trooper. <<< hugs >>>

Lenore is cute as a bug! Red hair...a real sweetie pie. Shelly is lucky to have such a jewel.
smile.gif

Sounds like the signature BCK used to have: "It's going to be one of those days." Except that it has been 2 weeks. What an ordeal for the both of you!

BTW, Wicked Thistle also has pet rats.

Glad things are getting better!

Cole

Sorry to hear what you two had to go through. Seems like things are getting better.
smile.gif

UNC,
Sorry to hear of the trials you and your daughter had to go through. Do the doctors think there will be any permanent damage to her heart? I will keep you both in my prayers.

Steve

Man, Shelly, have you had a time of it!  Thanks for letting us know & please keep us up to date on how she (& you) are doing.  I'm glad she's in a children's hospital, that's a big help.  They understand & are more supportive for what kids are going through.  It will be a whole lot easier, too, when she can come home.  Tell Lenore she has a whole lot of people out here in the big world who are rooting for her.   Give her lots of smilies from us.  
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

{{{And be sure to remember to take care of yourself, too!}}}

Glad to hear there was a diagnosis and treatment. Hope she gets well soon.
smile.gif

Heres some pics af my babes
smile.gif

1365Lenore_05-13_4JPG.JPG

1365Lenore_05-13_2JPG.JPG

And her all loopy, after commin out of bein sedated, insisting she needed to talk on the phone

1365Lenore_05-13_6.JPG

I wasnt able to get her outta there yesterday but we're hoping today may work out
biggrin.gif

oh, man, she is SO CUTE!
biggrin.gif
Give her cheeks a squeeze for me!

Yeah, she's adoreable! She's looking happy... Or loopy... But maybe both!
biggrin.gif

I be sending good vibrations your way Shelly. You're a great mom!

You know, I haven't smiled in months easily. That picture of her "talking" on the phone definately brought a smile to my face. Glad to hear she's doing well. Definately a cute child. Our thoughts and hearts are with you.
smile.gif

Awww...she so sweet.
smile.gif
But poor baby. I hope she gets home today. I know she'll be sooo happy to be home.

Like ol' J.T. sings "Isn't it nice to be home again."

Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall... Anyways, she's a cutie! Keep us posted.

I am sorry to hear of your daughter's illness, but very happy that you know what is wrong and it is being treated.  It is so frightening when it involves the heart.  Do they know what might have caused this and can it happen again?

She IS adorable!  Brother, you think you have your hands full now, with that great smile & that HAIR!, you just wait a few years...  
wink.gif

Back