What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. bisquamata

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I had given up on a packet of 4 week late arriving U. bisquamata seedlings and even though I placed the plastic bag faced down in the moist media, bothing happened for several more weeks. In the meantime I sowed D. dielsiana seeds in the container and a week later sprouts appeared - but they didn't look like the Drosera seedlings I am used to seeing. I figured, I'm new at this and maybe dielsiana just looks like this. Today I looked at things with a magnifying glass and then I noticed REAL Drosera seedling - mixed in with a mat of other green leafy things that resembled more sandersonii or livida - only longer and narrower. Could this be U. bisquamata?

It sure sounds like U. bisquamata to me. This is a rather thick grower and could afford some difficulties for your Drosera dielsiana seedlings. If there is a problem, transplant of the rosettes is a fairly easy process even at seedling size.

Thank you both! Yeah, I'll have to get the dielsiana out of there, seeing as how they will be the easier of the two.

Back