What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have returned!

• Thread starter Cynic81
  • Start date

Cynic81

Frakkin Toaster
I moved into my new apartment in Richmond yesterday, but Comcast can't come to install our cable and internet till next week, so right now I'm stuck stealing a friend's connection when I'm over at his place, which is about once a day. So expect me to be on only intermittenly overt he next week or so.

Tough to be withough internet........How's the new apartment look? You going to college?

New apartment is fine, though it leaves me missing my dorm's more convenient location (right across from the park, and everything was a 5 minute walk
smile_h_32.gif
). On the other hand, I now have a kitchen and no more obnoxious neighbors
smile.gif
. Although I hate the current lack of AC, TV, and Internet. It's isabel without all the downed trees and questing for ice ;).

And yes, I'm now a sophmore at VCU.

That's cool.  The dorms are so convenient.  I am a senior...super senior I guess, since it's my upcoming 5th year
biggrin.gif
.  I have one semester left and then I'm off to the real world.  I am still in the dorms.  I have grown fond of them over the years.
smile.gif
 I totally understand the neighbor issue though, it seemed like the only time they liked to crank up their music was right when I was going to take a nap
mad.gif
 But I guess it taught me to sleep through pretty much anything.  The internet was a big perk, having a T3 line into the college was pretty nice!

I bet you are starting pretty soon.  I am moving down on sunday and starting tuesday.  

What is your major?

Oops...how did I miss this thread? Welcome back to Richmond.
smile.gif
I hope you enjoy your new digs and have a good semester.

I owe you a PM. I haven't forgotten.
smile.gif

I was WONDERING when you'd take notice
smile_n_32.gif
. Don't worry, I'm too tired to be impatient. Work is tiring, but the pay is so good ($7 an hour at the VCU bookstore). Plus the ppl are really cool.

Sadly, the lazy &#$@*s at comcast lost my earlier request for service, so no net or cable until tuesday
mad.gif

On the plus side, AC is up and running and I can hijack University comps to do my bidding in the meantime.

I know the people that own the VCU bookstore. Betty and Ernie.
smile.gif
Betty used to work here where I do. Her sister works here as well.

Wow what a small/large world.
smile_m_32.gif
Good luck in your new apartment and your studies.
biggrin.gif

Hmmmm.... Maybe all you Richmond-ites should get a car pool together for going to RI in Oct.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Aug. 27 2004,11:09)]Hmmmm.... Maybe all you Richmond-ites should get a car pool together for going to RI in Oct.....
That is what I was thinking...

I think Jan down in Florida should drive up the coast and scoop up all the TF members all along the eastern seaboard until we reach RI. Wouldn't that be fun?! We could go in a van and eat his key lime pie on the way.
laugh.gif
Are you listening Jan??
smile_m_32.gif

All those who want to go say "AYE!" hehe

Back