What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P.cycloyster = Pinguicula cyclosecta

im a ping beginer is this cp hard to grow and dose it rot

Its Pinguicula cyclosecta. I think this one can be tricky and is more prone to rot then P. moranensis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Sep. 06 2004,1:22)]Its pinguicula CYCLOSECTA. I think this one can be tricky and is more prone to rot then P.moranensis.
who said moranensis is prone to rot?
confused.gif

It's actually a pretty easy ping... One of my first pings, actually. I highly reccomend it to beginners. I let the pot dry out between waterings though, and kept it in bright light. Once it got full sun, and the sun killed it
smile_h_32.gif

Mexican Pings DON't have a dormancy, but they do HAVE a dryer growing season during the winter.

so water tray method and when water dries out leave a day then 1 cm distiled water

Mexican pings turn into a succulent in the winter. That's when most or all (not sure) will flower. Just treat it like a succulent (little water).

Mexican Pings don't need to place in a tray, they like it a bit more dry then most CP

but in spring to fall its ok to use water tray method winter water it like an ordinary plant but once every few days

Tree Terror,

I think your tray method that shallow and then not filling until dry is perfect. That is exactly what I do. I probably go a few days instead of one, though, before refilling.

Cheers,

Joe

Back