What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello guy's, well i have two questions about temperature.

First one is, I grow a Maxima and a Gentle on a south facing window-sill. I give the room cooling overnight. I mist allot like 5-7 times a day, and the humidity is always somewhere between 65 and 80. The maxima is doing fine, but the Gentle isn't producing any pitchers. He creates allot of leaves. After a few weeks the tendrils will start growing but still no pitcher production. Should i stop the cooling overnight or is there something else i am doing wrong?

Btw i bought this Gentle from a flower shop, I have it for 1 month now.

Second question is, i am planning on building a lowland terra. I am interested in growing Northiana, Ampullaria and Merrilliana. But with approaching winter is it best for me to wait and order them next year summer, or will these plants survive when shipped during winter?

Thanks in advance

have you repotted the gentle? there may be time release fertilizer in the pot that could cause lack of pitchering. i do believe someone had a rajah stop pitchering just because some earthworms had "improved" the pots soil.

Well, when i bought it for 5 euro's
smile.gif
, there was half of the soil left in it. It was potted with peat, so i filled her up with peat. I never came across fertilizer balls though.

I would just give it some time yet. 1 month is not very long for a new plant to settle in. This time of year with the dryer cooler Winter air it may not do anything until next Spring anyway. Misting a few times a day is helpful but a short lived humidity boost at best.

Time will tell..

Tony

So cooling overnight is not the problem?

who knows then. go with Tony's advise and just give it more time. i had an amp take almost 4 months to settle in and start even producing new leaves. now its growing quickly.

Back