What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adelae resilancy

Just wondering how resistant Adelaes are to short chills. Temps ere @ the 30* mark at night but warmer during the day for a couple days. Plants got covered in snow for a night.
I know the top leaves will die Just wondering the chance of it comming back from roots?

If the roots didn`t freeze and you take it in and keep it warmer and the soil just damp then I`d say the chances are relatively high of a come back:) Although I`ve never let one freeze to find out:p

If the roots r fine new plants will sprout from them.
smile.gif

This has nothing to do with freezing, but my alelae was severly overwatered while I was out of town. All of the leaves died and I assumed the roots had rotted, but I kept it damp and in the terrarium and in less then a month there were new sprouts, from the old dead stems! The plant is now doing better then the original, like thinning the herd.

Back