What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for nepenthes

Hello

I lost a few Nepenthes due to a freeze in my greenhouse, surprisingly it only killed 3 plants...
N. ampullaria 'spotted'
N. insignis
N. eustachya red/purple

If you have any of these plants please let me know.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Hi Jeremiah
That is a shame,surprised the amp died though,what sort of lows did it hit?Didnt think you got sort of weather in your area?
Bye for now Julian

Hello

In the greenhouse it got to 28F with an outdoor temperature of -21.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Sorry to hear that Jeremiah.

Jerry

You can take amp spotted and insignis of the list!
smile.gif

Hi Jeremiah, what happened? Heating failure?

Yeah, what happened was my greenhouse runs off the boiler in our house but some how the boiler temperature got turn down so it was not producing near the amount of heat it should. I have it fixed not but I decide that my lowland Nepenthes were not thriving since it would get to 50F ever night I build a indoor lowland grow chamber with PVC and thick plastic, they will be much happier in there.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Do what I did, get one of those remote temp sensors. Not cheap, but when you've got good money invested in plants, a hundred bucks for one is certainly a valuable asset!

Yeah lol I got one with 4 remote temperature, humidity and alarms two days later for Christmas.

-Jeremiah-

Back