What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite ice cream?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Mine is pistacchio. How about you??

Once I made black licorice ice cream. It was smooth and just delicious, but the food coloring turned your mouth, tongue, and teeth all blue. Orange ice cream with chocolate chips, and chocolate Kahlua ice creams are really nice.

I have an old fashioned hand cranked White Mountain ice cream maker. It's the best. The sickest thing thing I ever made was Pizza ice cream. It was so funny! I used tomato sauce, parmesan, garlic, and pepperoni. On a hot day, it looked like refreshing, like peach. As an unsuspecting friend licked a cone of it, they made a weird face and exclaimed, " Uggghh!!!, What the HE!!? There's a piece of meat in here!" I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants. As ice cream, it was gross but if you put a scoop into some cooked pasta and heated it up it was very good.

From places where you can buy ice cream like an ice cream parlour, my favorite is razberry cheesecake.

WildBill

Chocolate fudge is the best thing ever. Well, not quite as good as carnivorous plants.
smile_m_32.gif

MMM Chocolate peanut butter.

rum raisin rules. eat enough and you get a little tipsy
smile_n_32.gif

Mint choclate chip or vanilla with Creme de minthe

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I'm not a sweets junkie, but... MOOSE TRACKS!!!

Black Raspberry

I too have experimented with new ice cream flavors. Its a lotof fun. My office mates were my guinea pigs. I made pumpkin ice cream which went over very well. Also Banana Pudding ice cream with vanilla wafers and banana chunks. And other assorted chocolate flavors.

I don't think I could go for the pizza ice cream. That is pretty gross.
laugh.gif

I guess my favorite ice cream is vanilla with assorted goo on it...preferably hot fudge, caramel and pecans...or wet walnuts. Whipped cream...cherries... YUM!

Bill: I'm all for innovation and experimentation... but pizza ice cream.... welll.... I'm not so sure.

Suzanne: I love anything that contains nuts in it: Maple Walnut, Butter Pecan, toasted almond....

When I was in Gilroy, CA which is the garlic capital of the world, I was tempted to try garlic ice cream. I like garlic a lot but did not try it.

cookies and cream is my favorite, with natural vanilla (with the little beans in it) a close second

vanilla ice cream with oreos!!
or... vanilla ice cream with pistachio and bananas! YUM!
there's also one in Mexico called... angel's kiss? It was good too.

Butter pecan,MMmmmmm.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Jerry

Ha! There's A LOT of ice cream in my house. Whenever the temperature gets really hot (most of the year), my parents and I take out the soup bowls and big spoons!

Ben and Jerry's - chocolate cherry garcia, chunky monkey, or chubby hubby
Coldstone's - anything with their cheesecake ice cream.
Thrifty's - rainbow sherbet, black cherry, mint n' chip
Haagen Dazs - rocky road
Dreyer's - real strawberry
Dreyer's Dreamery - anything that doesn't have vanilla as a main ingredient
Little place up in Humboldt - ginger, green tea, black raspberry cheesecake, root beer
Breyers - (I refuse Breyers)

cookie dough ice cream, makes my mouth water typing it
laugh.gif

Butter Pecan... or mint chocolate chip... or lime sherbert... or frozen strawberry yogurt when I eat it which is not that frequent.  Oddly enough, I'm a huge eater but I'm not into sweets.  

Jim, your mailbox is full.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Jan. 26 2005,4:24)]When I was in Gilroy, CA which is the garlic capital of the world, I was tempted to try garlic ice cream. I like garlic a lot but did not try it.
Dude... you missed out! When I lived in Monterey, CA, we went to the Garlic festival each year, and I definitely dug the garlic ice cream... I wish I had a recipe for my ice cream machine!

As for favorite flavors... I guess mine would be... the kind made from frozen cream? That's too specific; I like sorbets too. Really, I'm down with anything that doesn't have chunks of bubble gum in it.
~Joe

Edit: Hehehe, pizza ice cream... and here for a moment I thought I wouldn't need to say that I draw the line at meat in my ice cream. My friend Sam used to always talk about making ham and cheese milkshakes...

Butter brickle or butter pecan
and chocolate

But, sadly, I can no longer consume it.  I have a food consumption problem and can not eat anything tasty (although everything makes me sick so I sneak tasty stuff.  sshhh!).  No worries, a little surgery and medications and I hope to be able to have some ice cream again (every once in a while).  Caffine, I miss caffine, and bacon, and pizza, and chocolate, and sodie pop, and flavor.  Bad time for the post Jim!

Hey, I am losing weight nicely
smile_m_32.gif
Ready for the suit if the weather would warm a bit.

Back