What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mixing species

• Thread starter T_Bone
  • Start date
Are there species of terrestrial utrics that can be mixed in the same container without one over taking the other?

probably but it basically makes the pot worthless for trade if you put most species together, unless its something along the lines of sandersonii mixed with reniformis or something like that. i do actually have a mix of Utrics growing in the excess water from watering my nepenthes in the lowland tank. i think there is tricolor, sandersonii, livida, paulinea, graminifolia and a few others. as this is where i throw lil bits of the Utrics when i take plugs or transplant that are to small to bother with. granted none of this is for trade and is for my own ammusement.

anyways go ahead and try it but it may make divisions from the pot worthless for trading other than if yah find someone who doesnt mind recieving a mixed plug. i would think a carpet of sandersonii growing under the large form of reniformis could look quite interesting if both are in bloom at the same time.

Back