What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail invites

I have plenty of invites...about 49, so if you want one just pm me or something.

I, also, have an inordinate number of gmail invites.

PM me with name (need not be real name if you're paranoid) and email for one.

I'm sorry, but this may sound pretty stupid, but what the heck is gmail?!

Gmail is just short for google mail. Gmail has exactly 1gb of space and the minimum for attachments is 10mb. The emails are saved in a conversation-like style and the spam filter is excellent, haven't received any spam, then again I only use my yahoo account if i expect spam to come my way. And the only way to get into gmail is to get invites.

Hey, me!! *sends PM*

Interesting.... So how did the invites get started and why do you have to have the invites? Is google just trying to limit people or somethin? Sorry I'm asking so many questions but you sparked my interest. LOL

Sounds like what a CP n00b would say -_^

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Feb. 05 2005,7:13)]Interesting....  So how did the invites get started and why do you have to have the invites?  Is google just trying to limit people or somethin?  Sorry I'm asking so many questions but you sparked my interest.  LOL
They were beta testing their software, and wanted to manage the size of their user database... we've essentially been beta-testing it for them.

Every month or so, you'd get six new invites.

They must have decided to scale up a bit, because a couple of days ago, I was given 50 invites.

So don't be shy about asking for them.

If you want one, I need a valid email address to send it.

If you want, you can supply a name, as well, since it asks me for one.

Back