What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. nidiformis

well, it could be a bit late for this, but does D. nidiformis (sp) need a dormancy? I had this guy under normal lighting all summer (he was actually outside all summer as a hitchiker plant) and then slowly went into an apparent dormancy. anyone have info on this for me? I have had the plant inside now for what seems like an eternity (probably no more than two weeks) and I have seen no new growth.

No. D. nidiformis has a short lifespan (I believe 2 or 3 years) It grows quickly from seed to flower size and makes copious ammounts of seed. I have so many volunteer D. nidiformis plants I dont know what to do. My plants stay outside year round with all the rest of my plants. They grew well all winter and have even flowered for me a couple of times this winter.

Steve

They do grow better with cooler weather for about 1 month or so (40-60 degrees) but they will only have a couple leaves

as this plant is yet unidentified as it was a hitch hiker, it could be D. intermedia too. there is no sign of life yet. any ideas on D. intermedia?? thanks, Bob

Back