What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know...

Does anyone know if there are CP's in San Diego county in california?
I've been looking for info on native or non native species in s. calif. to no avail.
I would assume that there might be pings or utrics or even drosera there, but cannot find out....

bump ^ I doubt anyone will respond to this
biggrin.gif

There are no pings or sundews in San Diego county. I don't know about the utrics.

No. Too dry. If you can get a map of the county showing water sources,(rivers, streams, seeps, etc.) You can go hunting, and let us all know if there is anything of any consequence where CP's are concerned. To my knowledge, none have ever been found, but has anyone really looked??

There are no Sarracenia on the Western half of the United States besdies ones in cultivation or ones introduced into wild areas with Darlingtonia.

NepG, Sarracenia have been discovered in Vancouver, B.C. that appear to be wild. They may have been recently destroyed by logging interests. Imagine if the NASC had their genetic material to spread to one and all! S. purpurea ssp. purpurea from Vancouver would have been cool!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] If you can get a map of the county showing water sources,(rivers, streams, seeps, etc.)
I have a map of S.D. county that shows all the rivers, etc.
I was out on one of the lakes (actually a resevoir) and there was what appeared to be an aquatic utric floating in the water.
It looks like this...
uinte03.jpg

I don't know for sure if this is what it is though.
There are also areas where water runs all the time. I should look there.

Back