What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is it doing this?

I have a drosera capensis 'Narrow leaf form' that I have been growimg a few weeks now. It has been acting really weird because the tip of the leaves turn straight down. I have a drosera capensis 'albino' form next to it in the same conditions and it is not doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i cant really picture what this looks like

A little more description please.

If you look at it from a side angle the whole leaf looks normal till you get to the trap part with the tentacles. This is where instead of staying straight, it bends down and backwards so that if a bug crawled on it he would fall off.11111
This is how the tip of the leaf curls down.

Sorry, the last 1 should be over the other 1s.

Is it possible it has aphids, causing some mutilation? If so, check out the discussion started by VFT Guy in SJ. Do you have a microscope to get a better look? If you have "bugs", then drowning is the non-chemical and less effective way of dealing with it. The guys with over 100 years of experience (P-Man, Tamlin, and Bugweed) all recommend Orthene. My Home Depot sells it for $6.47.

(BEEP) what the heck is wrong with me? I haven't been able to read correctly lately.

More water? Or maybe its a TC problem, If you have a TC plant

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](BEEP) what the heck is wrong with me? I haven't been able to read correctly lately.

o_O

Back